April 12, 2014
This article comes to us from client VSP® Vision Care, which offers a vision plan direct to consumers that is available to all individuals and their families who currently do not have vision coverage through their employer, are self-employed, or who used to have vision insurance through VSP but whose employer has now moved to another carrier.
These eye-opening facts might change the way you think about your eyes and your vision.
- The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body
- The eye processes 36,000 bits of information every hour (24 million images in avg. lifespan)
- The human eye blinks an average of 4,200 times a year
- The human eye can distinguish 500 shades of gray
- More than 150 million Americans wear corrective eyewear
- Only about 1/6 of your eyeball is external of the body
- All babies are color blind at birth
- Newborns don’t produce tears. Tears don’t start flowing until they are about 13 weeks of age.
- The most common type of color blindness is the inability to distinguish red and green.
- While it takes some time for most parts of your body to warm up to their full potential, your eyes are on their “A game” 24/7.
- Around the world, about 39 million people are blind and roughly six times that many have some kind of vision impairment.
VSP ® Direct is a great option for those consumers who are at or nearing retirement and want to continue their doctor/patient relationship. Consumers can be retiree falling off of a company group plan or a COBRA plan and now need vision coverage.
The VSP affiliate program offers commissions starting at $6. If you’d like to learn more about the VSP affiliate program, or if you’d like to apply to join, check out the VSP affiliate program page at SchaafPC.com.
- Trends & Moves: November - November 8, 2016
- Trends and Moves: July - July 20, 2016
- Trends and Moves in the Digital Landscape: May Edition - May 10, 2016