November 06, 2014
The fourth quarter is crucial to success, in business and in sports. The biggest challenge is finding those winning deals to put together your final plays of the year so you can get the most out of the holiday season. Here are a few tips from our playbook to yours:
- Train for success: Offer paid placements on your site (Insider’s note: you can often get affiliate commission increases for these as well!)
- Write unique content: Coordinate a review to post when the item or site has a big sale. Create a gift guide for men, women, kids of various age ranges, and grandparents, and market it to your readers and to the merchants you work with.
- Have the best gear:
- Set up a holiday page on their site so users can find deals quickly. Maybe even add a Holiday tab to your top navigation so your readers can find the information easily
- Make sure you have a search bar on your site. Often someone will see a deal and want to go back and look for it
- Play to your team’s strengths: Look for deals that resonate with your readers – You should know your site demographics, the types of deals they are seeking, and what retailers interest them.
- Put in the VIPs: Reach out to the merchant partners you have worked with all year and ask for exclusive deals. You might even ask them for an increased commission for the fourth quarter too.
At the end of the season, analyze what worked, what didn’t work, and what you didn’t have time to try and put together a game plan early for next year.
- SPC Sees 17% Increase in Black Friday Revenue Over Benchmark - December 3, 2015
- Singles Day Success for Schaaf-PartnerCentric Clients - November 24, 2015
- Introducing the Better Rest Affiliate Program - November 13, 2015