November 14, 2009
This is a monumental question, one that has been around as long as affiliate marketing, and one that now threatens the very future of our industry. This is also the topic of next week’s episode of the Affiliate Marketing Insider podcast.
Joining us on the podcast are three people who are now working to lead our industry’s attempt to self-regulateaffiliate fraud:
– Rebecca Madigan, Executive Director of the Performance Marketing Alliance
– Jivan Manhas, Head of Sales for Media Trust
– Mark Roth, co-founder of Offer Vault
Among the topics we will discuss:
– What constitutes affiliate fraud?
– What is fraud doing to the affiliate marketing industry?
– Who is responsible for policing fraud?
None of these questions have simple answers – not even the definition of affiliate fraud and the determination of what constitutes affiliate fraud. Manhas and Roth both say that an action constitutes affiliate fraud when there is malicious intent or out and out theft. Do you agree?
Tune in to WebmasterRadio.fm at noon Pacific (3 p.m. Eastern) next Thursday, Nov. 19, for
the next episode of Affiliate Marketing Insider and our conversation about affiliate fraud.
- Trends & Moves: November - November 8, 2016
- Trends and Moves: July - July 20, 2016
- Trends and Moves in the Digital Landscape: May Edition - May 10, 2016