April 13, 2015
Affiliate recruitment is an important aspect of launching and growing a successful affiliate program and can help new programs gain traction in the marketplace. Affiliate programs managed in CJ Affiliate by Conversant (CJ) offer easier affiliate recruitment than other tracking platforms. Most of the high-earning affiliates in the industry are accessible within the CJ interface, and CJ’s recruitment tools make it easier to find and recruit theses affiliates to your program. Find and recruit affiliates using these tips:
Recruit Top Affiliates with the Publisher Recruitment Tool
For newer programs, a good place to start for affiliate recruitment is the Publisher Recruitment Tool. You can recruit top affiliates through the Publisher Recruitment Tool by:
- Logging into your CJ account and following this path: Manage Publishers > Publisher Recruitment Tool
- Search for Top Earning publishers by specified criteria and push an offer to them to join your affiliate program
- When pushing an affiliate the offer, you have a chance to group the recruitment effort and add a custom message highlighting the benefits to join your program. Make sure to create the group ahead of time so it shows up in the list.
- Expect a high response rate for new programs. Typically around around 50% – 75% of affiliates will join.
Recruit Content Affiliates
Every merchant wants to recruit new content affiliates as they can drive top-of-the-funnel sales. You can use the same recruitment tool to recruit content affiliates by narrowing the search criteria.
- Select the “Content Certified” option and then select the category that fits with your merchant program.
- Use a custom message to your targeted group to improve join rates. For example, when reaching out for a bedding merchant, mention why the bedding products would be a great fit for their site.
- Expect a lower response rate of 5% – 10% to join from this effort as it will often take more effort on the affiliate’s part to set up your program on their site
Recruit through the CJ Top Performers List
CJ publishes a quarterly Top Performers list. As a merchant, you can request this list directly from CJ to cross-reference to your Joined Publishers. Create a group for those not in the program and then push your offer to these affiliates along with a custom message inviting them to join your program.
Recruit Affiliates with “Pending Offers”
Revisit past recruitment lists, specifically the publishers that have Pending Offers. Affiliates are often inundated with recruitment requests and a little persistence can go a long way. Recruit affiliates with “Pending Offers” by:
- Navigating to Manage Publishers > By Program Terms > Pending Offers
- Click “Make Offer” and consider offering a higher commission to entice them to accept the offer and driving traffic quicker
- Group the publishers with already created group and message them letting them know that they are receiving a special higher commission to join
- Expect a low response rate here as well, around 5% – 10%.
Grouping is helpful as you can review your efforts by pulling a performance report of publishers by group by using the Publisher by Group report in the CJ interface.
Getting an affiliate joined to your program is the first step of the recruitment process. Once recruited, work to get high-value affiliates activated to start driving traffic to your site.
If you’re interested in our top affiliate picks for 2015, download this list:
- Holiday Planning: Tips and Tricks To Make Sure Your Holiday Campaigns are Fa-la-la-la-lucrative! - September 17, 2016
- 4 Tips to Recruiting Affiliates in a CJ Affiliate Account - April 13, 2015