July 20, 2016
We don’t want to brag, but at Schaaf-PartnerCentric, when it comes to employees, we have the best. You’ve likely heard us mention that our Affiliate Managers have an average of 10 years in the industry, but have you heard about our technology team? From program implementation to solving tracking issues to addressing attribution, they are performance marketing experts through and through. We’ve been keeping their expertise to ourselves and our clients, and have decided it is time we share their wealth of knowledge with the world. We will be doing this through a new monthly series called ‘Trends and Moves’ where Tom Rathbone, Schaaf-PartnerCentric Head of Technology, will share news stories and updates on where the industry is headed.
We’re halfway through 2016 and we continue to see a focus on “Personalization,” which essentially is the idea that merchants tailor advertising and offers to the target customer. Generally, the actual implementation of personalization strategies across the marketing mix does not seem to have taken hold, but the investment into solutions that will allow this certainly has.
Successfully implementing personalization requires a full understanding of what your customers are uniquely looking for as individuals. This requires the collection of a lot of data points, followed by the technology to utilize those data points.
At Schaaf-PartnerCentric, we continue to ask ourselves how we can increase the data we operate with for our clients and how we can develop personalization techniques that apply specifically to the affiliate channel.
Personalization in the News
- Channel marketers depend on social media to build partnerships
- Getting to “opti-channel”: Marketo unveils next-gen technology
- Customer experience goals remain elusive for B2B marketers, but top performers look to good content
- Predictive marketing separates the wheat from the chaff
- Intercontinental Hotels doubles down on ‘dynamic creative’ using data as the key to personalization
The growth of video as an advertising medium and the continually increasing use of mobile devices are directly tied together. And it’s not just video on social networks – digital video engagement is outpacing social network engagement.
It brings up the question, why has mobile growth outpaced video until now? The answer is simply a matter of bandwidth. In regions where mobile bandwidth is plentiful, we can expect video to continue to grow rapidly. In other regions, we can expect moving images, such as .gif’s, to connect more.
For us at SPC, this brings up the question of how much of our focus is on video and mobile affiliates. Are we staying ahead of the trends and incorporating video and mobile affiliate strategy into our clients programs in a timely and cost-effective manner?
Video in the News
- Tradedoubler Enters Milestone Partnership with Video Ad Group
- Millennials 112% more likely to share video ads than other age groups
- Ad spending on original digital video programming more than doubles in the US since 2014
- Samsung looks to inject menu ads into its EU SmartTVs
- Trends & Moves: November - November 8, 2016
- Trends and Moves: July - July 20, 2016
- Trends and Moves in the Digital Landscape: May Edition - May 10, 2016